RAF Scampton is renowned as the former home of the famous World War II Dambusters 617 squadron. However, Scampton was established in 1916 during World War One.
Originally known as Brattleby, the station was created as part of the nascent air defence of the country against the Zeppelin threat and simultaneously played host to an air training element.
RAF Scampton Heritage Centre is housed in one of the original World War II hangers. Entry is free to the general public but bookings need to be made at least two weeks before the intended visit. This is to allow time to conduct appropriate security checks. Visitor numbers are limited and requested dates may be subject to change due to military operations, events and availability of Station Tour Guides.
© RAF Scampton 2017 - 2018